Search this site
Search by category
Search by tagAPA Assessment for learning Bad education Behaviour for learning BLP Closing the gap Coaching Coe Creativity Differentiation and challenge Dunlosky Dweck education research EEF Engagement and motivation Evidence Geary Goldacre Growth mindset Guided instruction Hattie Haydn Ideas Intelligence Kirschner Learning Lesson study Marking Marzano Maths Meta-analysis Metacognition Misconceptions Murphy Paul Observation Ofsted Petty Planning Praise Psychology researchED Resources Revision Science Simon Student voice Sutton Trust TED Willingham Working memory
- No, don’t forget everything we know about memory
- Eliminating unnecessary workload
- Lesson observations: Would picking a top set get you a better grading?
- Attachment Theory: Why teachers shouldn’t get too excited about it.
- Germane load: The right kind of mental effort?
- Goodbye Mr Chips: can research tell teachers how to teach?
- Psychology of behaviour management (part 3)
- The psychology of behaviour management (part 2)
- The psychology of behaviour management (part 1)
- The ‘artificial science’ of teaching: System vs Individual competence
- The ‘artificiality’ of teaching
- Is teaching a ‘natural ability’?
Tag Archives: TED
TED talk on how mindset affects success; explaining Carol Dweck’s research into the benefits of a ‘growth mindset’. The Power of Belief – Mindset and Success: Eduardo Briceno at TED The Evidence Based Teachers Network suggests that “While the evidence … Continue reading
Claire sent this link to a TED talk by Dan Pink on motivation. TED – Dan Pink