Search this site
Join 635 other subscribers
Search by category
Search by tag
- Assessment for learning
- Bad education
- Behaviour for learning
- Closing the gap
- Differentiation and challenge
- education research
- Engagement and motivation
- Growth mindset
- Guided instruction
- Lesson study
- Murphy Paul
- Student voice
- Sutton Trust
- Working memory
- Putting evidence to work
- No, don’t forget everything we know about memory
- Eliminating unnecessary workload
- Lesson observations: Would picking a top set get you a better grading?
- Attachment Theory: Why teachers shouldn’t get too excited about it.
- Germane load: The right kind of mental effort?
- Goodbye Mr Chips: can research tell teachers how to teach?
- Psychology of behaviour management (part 3)
- The psychology of behaviour management (part 2)
- The psychology of behaviour management (part 1)
- The ‘artificial science’ of teaching: System vs Individual competence
- The ‘artificiality’ of teaching
Tag Archives: TED
TED talk on how mindset affects success; explaining Carol Dweck’s research into the benefits of a ‘growth mindset’. The Power of Belief – Mindset and Success: Eduardo Briceno at TED The Evidence Based Teachers Network suggests that “While the evidence … Continue reading
Claire sent this link to a TED talk by Dan Pink on motivation. TED – Dan Pink